Chicken Curry with Cauli-Rice
This protein packed curry is a fraction of the price of a take out, nutrition dense, full of veggies and makes a great family meal that even the kids enjoy!
1 large onion – sliced
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons of turmeric
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
1 red pepper, sliced
1 pint of stock or homemade broth
1 can of chopped tomatoes
500g (skin-free) diced chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
Handful of green beans
2 handfuls of spinach
Handful of coriander – chopped to serve
Keeping it simple!
- Gently fry off the onion, garlic, ginger, spices until beginning to soften
- Add the tomato puree and the sliced red pepper
- Add the chicken pieces, tomatoes and stock
- Bring up to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 20 minute’s, or until chicken cooked through. In the last 10 minutes add the green beans
- Stir through the spinach to wilt
Serve on a bed of Cauli-rice, sprinkled with coriander
1 medium cauliflower – whizzed in the food processer for 10 seconds or grated.
Gently stir fry with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and half a teaspoon of turmeric, season to taste.
Season with sea salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. Share your pics and comments @bodyalivenutrition